“A sublime fusion of old exotic trees c.1862 provide lush surroundings for an historical Castlemaine homestead.”
Established c. 1862 is the original house, double-storey stables and outhouse cottage on 1.2 hectares.
The garden consists of exotic trees, old gums, new plants including perennials, fruit trees, and a walled vegetable and herb garden with large tanks to collect water and a worm farm.
The borrowed landscape adds significantly to the property including a sandstone walled paddock, once called The Pleasure Garden,
opposite the Botanical Gardens and next door to beautiful Forest Hall.